Watch the following clips and answer the following:
- What were the Pine Gap 4 protesting about?
- Why were they arrested?
- What possible reasons could there be for the original verdict?
- Discuss whether retaining this facility is in Australia’s ‘national interest’.
What do you see here?
What does it make you think about?
What does it make wonder?
Leave your comments in the comment box
- After reading the article, discuss the extent to which you agree. Leave your ideas in the comments box.
- In your own words, identify the main points highlighted by the video.
- What evidence is provided to support the claim that Al Qaeda remains a viable threat?
- What evidence is provided to support the claim that Al Qaeda has failed?
- Evaluate the success of Al Qaeda as a group involved in a conflict (War on Terror).
Is Yemen a failed state? What are the consequences of President Saleh losing his grip on power? Has US support for Saleh helped or hindered the flourishing of Al Qaeda in Yemen? Click the link to read more. Yemen: Inching toward becoming a failed state
Who are Al Qaeda? Are they affiliated with other groups? Where are they located? Has the US and the west been successful in dismantling them? Click on the link to find out.